Tim’s practice focuses on advising physicians and physician-owned organizations on issues including antitrust, reimbursement and managed care, and operational matters, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Having served as in-house counsel to a large Central Ohio health system, Tim has a deep understanding of critical issues affecting healthcare organizations, physicians, and physician-owned organizations. Tim’s expertise includes:
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances
- Information, privacy and security
- Compliance law
- Fraud, abuse, and other regulatory counseling
- Healthcare reform
- Reimbursement and payor audit/recovery
- Business growth and operations including corporate real estate and employment law
- Clinically integrated physician networks
Practicing Law Differently
After successfully practicing law for over 30 years in very large law firms and as in-house counsel, Tim built a reputation as an key expert in all aspects of health law. He built long-term relationships with clients, understanding their businesses in meaningful ways.
In 2015 Tim joined forces with Rick Gerber, who shared his vision of giving the expertise that comes from big law firm experience to clients in a different kind of law firm, one that is client-centric, personal and creative. Together they founded Gerber & Mitchell LLC.
From the beginning, Tim and Rick knew that Dublin, Ohio would be home to the new law firm. They purchased one of the oldest building in Historic Dublin, renovated it and established Gerber & Mitchell in the center of an active business community.
Professional Recognition & Affiliations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Forum
- Ohio State Bar Association, Health Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Health Law Committee
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
- Capital University, J.D.
- The Ohio State University, B.A.